Monday 22 May 2017

Where dreams have taken us

Yes unbelievable at the weekend it was the 1st  anniversary of Dotty's opening. Where on earth has the year gone? If you have not been following my blog for long I sell my cards at Dotty's, a Vintage Teahouse in Carshalton High Street since the doors first opened last May. My grand opening post can be seen here
This was the opening day last year which was attended by the Major of Sutton.

I went to the anniversary celebrations on Saturday and shared a post here if you missed it. Yesterday I showed the card which was commissioned by the staff to give to Rebecca, the owner.

As it is Monday it is also my day to share some inspiration over on the Visible Image Group page. Today I am sharing the 2nd Dotty card I made, This one I made from me to give to Rebecca and her lovely staff.  As the theme for the celebrations was WW2  I decided to go with a patriotic red, white and blue theme and I used a very apt Visible Image sentiment from the "Where dreams take you set" which is available here here

 I stamped the sentiment and die cut it
 I found some very apt tea cups paper in my stash.
I stamped and fussy cut out the paper plane from the destination unknown set available here

 I also stamped the sentiment from the same set
and then I put on my creative hat to made this card;
Here are a couple of close ups; the great cup and saucer die is Marianne, the layering dies are all Spellbinders. The hearts are La-la land
I cut the what lies ahead sentiment into 2 parts.
This  last year for me, both selling at Dotty's and designing has been such a great adventure and I do indeed wonder "what lies ahead".  My dreams are certainly taking me into all sorts of new adventures!
Here it is in the window of Dotty's on Saturday, together with the card I made for the girls to give to Rebecca. Such a fun day.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Allsorts birthday it was also their birthday on Saturday, but they were 8.. Dotty has some catching up to do!
Crafty Catz anything goes with a twist of more than 2 layers I have at last 5 on my card!
Creative Inspirations 3/3 anything goes
Lil patch of crafting friends 1/3 anything goes
Crafty Hazelnut's patterned  paper May


All the links for Visible Image can be found here;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group can be found here and it is where you will find our first themed "Express yourself" challenge...it would be lovely to see you over there. There is a £40 voucher up for grabs if you are the randomly selected winner.  You can also add work to the "Show and Tell" folder where one randomly chose winner each month win a £25 coupon to spend on the website.

The main Visible Image business page is here; there are weekly stamp giveaways...open world wide!


And the shop web site is here; where all these gorgeous stamps can be found.

Thanks so much for stopping by today,

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

9 comments:

  1. Another beautiful card Jane for the anniversary event, love the red, white and blue, it worked so well with the theme and the sentiments of course were spot on!!
    Have a great week my friend, sunshine and showers here today, less showers would help with the gardening though!!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have used the paper planes in such an amazing way on your card with a great choice of colours for their anniversary.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful details on the card Jane, and gorgeous colors!
    Thanks for joining us in this week's Birthday celebration at Allsorts challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations. Good luck,
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thrilled to see what a success Dotty's has become and I'm sure in part has to do with your wonderful cards being available there! Bravo to you all! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is just fabulous -- loved that you shared the special story behind it. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the patriotic colours and fabulous design of this beautiful card Jane it is perfect for Dottys celebration. Have a great week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card Jane and how lovely is Dotty's...hope you're having a lovely week and getting ready for all the sunshine to come in the next few days ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card - I love that shop!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x