Friday 1 September 2017

Butterfly and dragonfly memories in metal

Happy 1st September!

What a great end to August we enjoyed weather wise.  It has cooled down considerably for the last few days but let's hope we see just a little more of summer before the nights draw in.  Today it is time to share my latest DT creation for our new challenge starting over at Country View.
Remember that you can enter our challenge as many times as you like and combine with any other challenges. You may even be the lucky random winner of the £20 CVC voucher.

The theme for this month is "metal". Now originally I thought of making my first Christmas card of the year but as we had the hottest August bank holiday on record there was no way I could get into a chilly mood. I'm still enjoying my flowers in the garden.

The fuchsia and begonias are still in full spectacular flower




As we sat in the garden eating our lunch on Sunday we saw butterflies and then my Hb noticed a dragonfly followed by a second one. We have never seen a dragonfly in our garden before, only ever near water, so it was a wonderful sight. They flew off too quickly for me to catch them on my camera. Now that got my brain thinking about an idea for my Design Team card for the challenge...how about metallic flowers, butterflies and dragonflies...I kid you not!

Out came my aluminium tape and I die cut some flowers, butterflies and dragonflies.


I also textured a piece for my background.
Out came my alcohol inks

and I started dabbing and playing until I got the colours I wanted

I then put on my creative hat and put my cards together.
Today I am sharing the dragonfly one, I will share my butterfly one later in the month.

These are pretty much the colours I saw as they fluttered around.

I kept everything metallic...the sentiment is even cut in glitter card .
And here he is in close up. I wonder what he was doing in my garden?

I was able to capture the memory in metal!

You can find my talented teamies creations for our challenge and all the details via this link.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Simon says stamp Wednesday anything goes
Shopping our stash favourite season 1/3 I do love all of them but summer is special and certainly inspired my card today
Try it on Tuesday stitiching I have used a faux stitching effect on my oval sentiment plaque


Thanks so much for stopping by today and for the kind comments you take the time to leave me, I love reading every single one. Enjoy the month ahead..autumn really is just around the corner now.


Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

27 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to choose a project - your flowers are gorgeous.

    I love your project too - the shimmer reminds me of summer evenings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Jane!...love how you have captured the iridescence of the dragonfly in your metal and inks. Enjoy your weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing metallic die-cuts - this is so cool!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your metal background and your metal elements are both beautifully coloured with the alcohol paints!!! Fabulous colours and design! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your metallic dragonfly Jane! Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us at TioT. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how this came together Jane, it's beautiful. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love dragonflies, I spotted a huge in our garden during the summer, I'm not sure what he was doing there either. I love your card and the pretty colours. You couldn't possibly think of C with all those gorgeous flowers in your garden!! :)
    Have a great weekend my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you created such an amazing art piece Jane! Simply gorgeous! What aluminium tape did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous - I love this Jane and what a brilliant way of remembering those dragonflies too! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The coloured metal looks so beautiful against the embossed background! I'm looking forward to the butterfly card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful Jane, I really love the background. Have a very happy weekend. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous flowers and a beautiful metallic card, such a fabulous idea xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely stunning - love your card! Thanks for joining TioT!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely stunning work on your gorgeous Dragon Fly!! So glad one or two came to visit your amazing garden, those flowers are so beautiful.
    Thank you for sharing with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope you join us again next time.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Its a gorgeous card. Thank you for sharing it with us at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  16. My goodness, Jane, this is BEAUTIFUL! I love your metallics, and the coloring of your dragonfly is stunning! Interestingly enough, we've had very few butterflies, but lots of dragonflies! Your garden is gorgeous! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow Jane you have really inspired me to get my inks out as this is a stunning project. Hugs Debsxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. How gorgeous is this card ! Love it !
    Corrie xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness.. what a gorgeous card you made! It may be one of my all-time favorites of yours! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like the metallic effects that you can create for your card designs! Dragonflies are the perfect subject matter for that media.
    Your plants are still lovely! Sad to see the end of summer drawing near...

    Jane T

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super pretty! I love the color on the silver.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning card, love the colours on the dragonfly

    Thanks for Joining In At TIOT

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful flowers and dragonfly done with metallic and alcohol inks. thanks for joining us with your favourite season project at Shopping our Stash

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful card! I love how you created the dragonflies and flowers using the aluminium tape and die cuts 😁. The alcohol inks worked beautifully to create the iridescent colours of the dragonfly too - perfect! It must have been so nice to see them in your garden and what a lovely way to capture such happy memories, wishing you a Happy September! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  25. Its a fabulous card. Thank you for joining us at TioT.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I´m back from vacation and try to catch up here ;-)
    Wow, Jane, it´s a gorgeous card! Love the alcohol inks on the metal!
    Have a wonderful sunday!
    Hugs Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the dragonfly on the silver background ! Fab !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x